VMware has released version 4.1 of its desktop virtualization platform for Apple Mac: Fusion. This release is considered an minor upgrade for version 4.0 which was released in September this year.
This version now supports running Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard as guest OS additional to running the already supported OS X Lion, OS X Lion Server, Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server and Mac OS X Leopard Server.
New features and improvements:
- Smart Full Screen, providing full screen mode
- Automatic Virtual Machine power on
- Improved animations
- Fast screen resizing and improved startup time
- Improved Mac OS X Lion guest OS support
- Improved graphics performance
Update: VMware stated in a blogposting that the support for running Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard will be removed in a future update for Fusion, mainly because they are not complian to the licensing terms stated by Apple.