VMware has released version 4.0 of its desktop virtualization platform for Apple Mac: Fusion. This product is the follow up of version 3 for which the latest released version was 3.1.3. which was released in June this year.
Version 4.0 provides the following new features:
- Support for OS X Lion
- 64-bit Cocoa Application
- Option to add installed Windows Aps to Mac Applications folder and Launchpad
- Support for Mission Control
- Optimization for multi-core Macs providing 2.5 times faster 3D graphics on OS X Lion
- Support for AutoCAD 2012 in Windows 7
- New settings menu
- Redesigned VM library and snapshot menu
- Support for OS X Lion, OS X Lion Server, Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server and Mac OS X Leopard Server in a VM
- Support for CentOS 6.0, Debian 6.0, FreeBSD 8.2, Mandriva 2010, openSUSE 11.4, SUSE Linux 11 SP1, RHEL 6.0 and VMware ESX 5.