At the beginning of June, Citrix announced version 5.3 of all-in-one Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution VDI-in-a-Box. Now Citrix has released version 5.3.
Version 5.3 will share technologies with XenDesktop 7, which was also released recently. Version 5.3 will provide full Windows 8 support with HDX connections, personal desktops (PVD) on Windows 8, Single Sign-On for remote users through Citrix NetScaler/Access Gateway, and a new wizard-based SSL certificate installation and management.
Version 5.3 provides the following new features as detailed here:
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 as a virtual desktop
- Support for the VHDX virtual file format on Windows Server 2012
- Support for personal vDisks on Windows 8
- Support for the latest version of the XenServer (including version 6.2), vSphere and Hyper-V hypervisors
- Single sign-on support from Citrix Access Gateway
- Integration with AppController
- SSL certificate installation user interface
- Universal Print Server