Citrix last week announced version 5.3 of its all-in-one Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solution VDI-in-a-Box. Version 5.3 will share technologies with XenDesktop 7, which was also announced recently. Version 5.3 will provide full Windows 8 support with HDX connections, personal desktops (PVD) on Windows 8, Single Sign-On for remote users through Citrix NetScaler/Access Gateway, and a new wizard-based SSL certificate installation and management.
Version 5.3 will provide the following new features:
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 as a virtual desktop
- Support for personal vDisks on Windows 8
- Support for the latest version of the XenServer, vSphere an Hyper-V hypervisors
- Single sign-on support from Citrix Access Gateway
- SSL certificate installation user interface
- Universal Print Server
Citrix expects to release version 5.3 of VDI-in-a-Box at the end of June this year.