In December 2007 PlateSpin launched Forge, a hardware appliance which embeds VMware VI 3.x and uses the company’s P2V migration technology to simplify the way customers do disaster recovery.
The company updated the platform to version 2.0 exactly one year ago, months after being acquired by Novell.
Earlier this month Forge reached version 2.5, introducing the following features:
- Support for Windows Server 2008 & Windows Vista
(both file-based and block-based live replication)
- Support for Block-Based Transfers with 64bit protected systems
- Server Sync Block-Based Transfers
- Physical Machine Server Sync
- Support for replications longer than 24 hours
- Role-Based Access & Multi-Tenancy
Novell offers the following unit packages: