Sun Blueprints department released a very interesting 226 pages book about Solaris Containers (aka Zones):
This Sun BluePrints Collection of previously published articles has been thoroughly updated and consolidated into a single book format. It provides an overview of the resource management concepts and technologies that comprise Solaris Containers, and explains how to create, use, and integrate Solaris Containers within a system and infrastructure.
Emphasis is placed on explaining each concept and providing detailed examples that can be used to create more effective environments and effect better resource utilization.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Resource Management Concepts
- Chapter 3 – An In-Depth Look at Containment and Virtualization
- Chapter 4 – Managing Workloads
- Chapter 5 – Managing Resources
- Chapter 6 – Isolating Applications
- Chapter 7 – Creating Solaris Containers
- Chapter 8 – Integrating Solaris Containers into the Environment
- Chapter 9 – Managing the Environment
- Chapter 10 – Troubleshooting
- Chapter 11 – Putting It All Together?Deploying Sun Java Enterprise System 2005-Q4 on the Sun Fire T2000 Server Using Solaris Containers
Highly recommended. Read the whole whitepaper at source.