Trilead has released version 4.1 of its backup solution for Virtual Machines VM Explorer. VM Explorer Backups can be stored on ESX, Windows, Linux and FreeBSD based storage platforms or directly to a SAN. With the release of version 4 Trilead expanded support from VMware to Hyper-V as well, a trend we see with more vendors which traditionally provided VMware-ended solutions.
VM explorer is offered in a Free edition, and a Pro edition which of course has more features as detailed here.
Version 4.1 provides the following new features:
- Support for Hyper-V 2012 server
- File level restore for VHDX disk files
- Support for ESX/ESXi 4.1 874690
- Virtual hardware compatibility check for ESX/ESXi and Hyper-V servers
- Enhanced vCenter backup performance (VMware)