As expected Citrix released XenServer 4.1, the first build since the XenSource acquisition.
Known since the beta timeframe, the new version includes a series of remarkable improvements:
- Host-level HA (XenMotion)
- Update/patch management integrated in XenCenter
- GUI Integration with NetApp Data ONTAP
- Centralized logging
- Support for nested page table technology AMD Rapid Virtualization Indexing (RVI)
- Support for NIC bonding (host level) for fail-over
- Support for hot-plugging USB storage as a storage repository
- Support for Windows guest OS hot disk remove
- Support for 10Gb Ethernet NICs (Mellanox/Chelsio)
- Support for shared fibre channel storage
- Support for Windows Vista (32bit only), Red HAT Enterprise Linux 5 (32bit and 64bit), Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (32bit and 64bit)
Download a trial here.
Note that the Platinum edition, a bundle of XenServer, XenDesktop and Provisioning Server, is not yet available. It will follow shortly during Q2 2008.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordigly.