PlateSpin released the new major version of its acclaimed physical to virtual (P2V) migration tool: PowerConvert 6.0.
This version introduces following new features:
- Drag-and-drop virtual machines from VMware ESX Server 2.5 and VMware Server into VMware Infrastructure 3
- For production virtual machines running Windows 2000, Windows 2003 and Windows XP operating systems, the virtual machine remains live as its OS, applications and data are migrated to new VMware Infrastructure 3 hosts with only a brief (one- to five-minute) interruption
- Completely automate the Discover, Configure and Convert functionality
- Optionally reconfigure CPU, disk, network and memory resources on the new target virtual machine
- Upgrade multiple virtual machines simultaneously onto new VMware Infrastructure 3 hosts
PowerConvert 6.0 will be generally available August 4th. Pricing starts at $45 per conversion and includes the live transfer functionality.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.