Now that Workstation 5.5 is released VMware could start concentrating on aligning whole the product line to the upcoming ESX Server 3.0 and VirtualCenter 2.0, actually in beta phase.
Customers start wondering what features GSX Server 4.0 and Workstation 6.0 will bring.
I compiled a list of things could be interesting to have:
- Host OS high availability (at least virtual machines Hot StandBy) [GSX]
- Virtual Machines hot backup [GSX and Workstation]
- Microsoft Vista / codename Longhorn Server AERO compatibility [GSX and Workstation]
- Sun Solaris 10 host and guest support [GSX and Workstation]
- MacOS x86 guest support [Workstation]
Do you have more wanted features to suggest? Would you vote these features to rank them?
Write me in comments and I’ll update this post.
VMware is reading…