Massimiliano Daneri finally published its first bits about the most ambitious non-commercial project for multiple virtualization platforms management: minime.
Initially planned as a VMware VirtualCenter clone only, it now starts to manage Microsoft Virtual Server product also and has the following features:
– support HOT Backup and restore
– support “Standby cluster”
– support dynamic creation of REDO LOG disk
– add a more detailed guest configuration
– support various authentication service (LDAP , Active Directory , SMB )
Since upcoming VMware Workstation 5.0 will have some scripting capabilities thanks to the new command line options, it’s possible Massimiliano will include it too in its minime project.
Go on and download it here.