Together with the launch of vCenter Log Insight, VMware released vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.7.1 an update that also includes vFabric Hyperic 5.7.
vCenter Operations Manager is a performance, capacity and configuration analytics product that combines several products acquired by VMware in the past, the enhancements in this release focus on integration and can be resumed as follows:
- Tight Integration with vCenter Log Insight, for faster troubleshooting and enhanced visibility across your IT environment.
- New reports and dashboards, based on best practices, to help you save time and improve efficiency.
- Security and infrastructure enhancements, for improved hardening and scalable performance.
vFabric Hyperic helps customers proactively manage application performance in virtual and cloud environments, also in this case the enhancements focus on integration:
- Enhanced integration with vCenter Operations Manager, improving usability and scale.
- Updated, as well as new plugins, with support for newer versions, as well as improved features.
- Security and platform support updates, for Java, Windows and AIX.