Citrix has announced the availability of a Technology Preview for XenClient 4.5, the next version of its Client Hypervisor and the release of XenClient XT 3 a version of XenClient which supports advanced levels of security and isolation. Version 4.5 of XenClient will be the follow-up of version 4.1 which was released in July this year and is expected to be released in December this year, and XenClient XT 3 will be the follow-up of version 2.1 released in October 2011.
The XenClient 4.5 features builds further after the technology integration of the NxTop client hypervisor which Citrix integrated after the acquisition of Virtual Computer in May this year.
XenClient 4.5. provides the following new features:
- Support for multiple ultrabooks and 3rd generation Intel vPro processors.
- Windows 8 Support
- Client support in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese
- Management Support in English, German and Simplified Chinese
- VLAN tagging
- External network synchronization using NetScaler allowing external users to securely access the Synchronizer for XenClient from remote locations
- 30% boot time performance improvement
- Dual external monitors in a docking station support
- New display architecture allowing for configuration of individual monitor screen locations and resolutions.
- VM export support
The download of the Technical Preview is available for existing XenClient, XenDesktop Enterprise and XenDesktop Platinum customers having Subscription Advantage contracts here.
XenClient XT3 will provide the following new features:
- Management Synchronizer (Synchronizer XT) to perform updates and control VM policies remotely, which works independent.
- Isolation of physical network devices into predetermined direct VMs
- An Software Development Kit (SDK) allowing 3rd parties to develop and distribute Linux Service VM appliances
- Support for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel vPro processors
- SSL and SELinux enhancements
- PL3 and PL4 government compliance