Version 2.1 provides the following new features:
- Delta Image Update which allows the Synchronizer to only deliver changes between image versions
- Fast System Updates done by transferring updates in the background and applied during the next startup
- Automatic Image Lockdown, purging user changes outside data and profile at next boot
- Windows Image Rollback, allowing rollback to a prior version of the image
- Installation of IT approved applications via Citrix Receiver for Windows
- 3D graphics stability
- Virtualized USB support
- Enhanced handling for multi partitioned Windows Images
- Support for connecting Synchronizer to AD systems with non-standard OU structures.
- Localized XenClient, introducing support for German, French, Spanish, Japanese and Simplified Chinese languages
- Multi monitor and GPU support
Citrix also announced support for running XenClient XT on mobile systems. XT which was released in May this year, a version of XenClient support advanced levels of security and isolation. The product is expected to be generally available by the end of the year.