VMware edition also integrates with VMware vCenter Server to provide administrative and monitoring capabilities within the VMware environment.
- Provides storage path failure protection and fast failover.
- Spreads I/O across multiple storage paths for maximum performance.
- Enhanced I/O load-balancing algorithms
- Real-time path performance metrics
- Deep visibility from VMware environment reduces configuration errors and enables better decisions.
- Visibility into storage array attributes, enabling workload assignment to the right tier and type of storage
- Detailed path performance metrics available within VMware vCenter
- Datacenter I/O visualization provides insight into I/O demands of individual guests
- Broad compatibility list enables choice of storage vendors without compromising on manageability
Symantec has also announced, in the press release, an agreement with NetApp, Inc. to resell Veritas Dynamic Multi-Pathing for VMware to take advantage of the sales channel offered by a comprehensive NetApp storage solution.