Citrix has released Service Pack 2 for its virtualization platform product XenServer 5.6. Service Pack 2 can be installed on top of XenServer 5.6 or XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1 which was released in December last year adding functionality such as distributed virtual switching, automated VM protection and recovery and a web management console for delegated administration.
Service Pack 2 contains fixes and adds the following new features since Feature Pack 1:
- Support for IntelliCache enabling you to use a combination of shared storage and local storage.
- Local Storage Spans All Physical Volumes.
- Reset-on-boot VM behaviour.
- Block SCSI Generic Support added, enabling full compatibility with Emulex and QLogic management functionatility.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.
If customers don’t have Feature Pack 1 installed, service pack 2 adds even more functionality. See the release notes for more information.