Pano Logic has announced the release of its Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platform Pano System version 4. This release is the follow-up of version 3.5 which was announced in October last year.
Pano offers a complete remote VDI solution which consists of a software agent which resides in the guest Operating System, a connection broker and a Keyboard/Video/Mouse (KVM) over IP hardware box, called Pano Device. Communication between the Pano Device and the connection broker leverages a bus extension protocol called Pano Direct.
New features for the Pano Device:
- Four USB ports supporting real-time communications such as VoIP, for video conferencing, voice recording and speakers/headphones
- Enhanced video rich media support/performance
- Dual DVI monitor ports along with VGA monitor support
- Integrated audio input/output jack
- Power consumption at 6 watts
The current platform support for the Pano software:
- VMwareVI3 or vSphere 4.0-4.1, View 4.0 and 4.5, vCenter Server 4.1
- Microsoft Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V Server along with System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Citrix XenDesktop 4 and NetScaler and optional Citrix Provisioning Server