Citrix has released Service Pack 1 for its client hypervisor: XenClient. Service Pack 1 is the first update to version 1.0 which was released in September last year as part of XenDesktop 4.0 Feature Pack 2, and contains hundreds of updates to both the XenClient and the Synchronizer for XenClient.
Service Pack 1 includes support for the FlexCast technology which was introduced with the release of Citrix XenDesktop 5 released in September last year. The update can be downloaded from the Citrix website.
Some of the changes are:
- Lenovo T510 and Panasonic Toughbook 52 added to the HCL
- Citrix FlexCast integration – Support for streamed VHDs from provisioning services
- Improved audio playback and recording support
- Streamlined boot and logon experience
- Enhanced network configurations and reliability
- Improved support for international text entry
There are also some updates to the Synchronizer for XenClient:
- Improved support for connecting to synchronizers with non-standard hostnames
- Improved cross-browser compatibility for the user interface
- Enhanced reliability of virtual machine image transfers
- Support for caching Active Directory credentials offline
- Improved disk space usage reporting
- Security enhancements