jWhile most of the virtualization vendors in the industry rushed to announce something before or during the just ended VMworld conference, a few companies remained absolutely silent. Among them there is Parallels.
Considering that most of the 17,000 attendees VMware collected this year won’t pay any real attention to the over 200 press releases for at least another week, it has been a savvy choice.
So Parallels silently released version 6 of its Desktop virtualization platform for Mac, as TUAW reports.
Apparently, the product is already on the shelves as a picture confirms:
No words yet about the new features 9to5mac.com managed to find a pretty generic list of new features, which includes:
- Built-in Parallels Transporter
- Support for Mac OS X Spotlight, Spaces, and Exposè
- Support for Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 Aero interface
- Support for Acronis True Image
- Support for 5.1 surround sound on Windows guest OSes
On top of that, the retail box mentions an iPad application for remote file access that Parallels may release soon.