At the end of January VMware released a couple of minor updates for its desktop virtualization platforms for Windows and Linux: Workstation and Player.
For some reasons we missed this product update, so we are reporting about it now.
The new build (227600) is primarily for bug fixing but it also introduces support for a number of guest and host operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (host and guest)
- Windows Vista SP2 (host and guest)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (host and guest)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 (host and guest)
- CentOS 5.4 (guest only)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4 (guest only)