Just before the Christmas break, Citrix released a minor update for its orchestration framework Workflow Studio.
The new version 2.0.1. doesn’t introduce any change in the product but extends the existing activity libraries and delivers a couple of new ones.
Here’s the extended/new libraries about virtualization:
- [NEW] Citrix XenDesktop Activity Library
- Activities that create, delete, and retrieve desktop definitions and manage desktop groups.
- [EXTENDED] Citrix XenServer Activity Library
- Automate the process of taking snapshots, backing up VMs, and backing up VM metadata for site migration and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Automate the installation and update of tools on guest VMs.
- [EXTENDED] Citrix XenApp Activity Library
Now includes activities that support automated application streaming packaging and application management.
On top of that Citrix also made available a new library to automate the Xen-based virtual machines that live in the Amazon EC2 cloud computing platform:
- Bundle Instance – bundles an instance within Amazon EC2 (using S3)
- Create Security Group – creates a new security group
- Delete Security Group – deletes a security group
- Get AMIs – returns a list of all the registered AMIs
- Get Instances – returns a list of all the instances currently running
- Launch Instance – launches a new instance (or instances) of the specified AMI
- Terminate Instance – terminates one or more instances