Quoting from the Embotics official announcement:
Embotics, the Virtual Machine (VM) Lifecycle Management Company, today launched V-Commander, a centralized, policy based control and management system for enterprise VMs. Embotics’ V-Commander manages large pools of VMs; controlling VM sprawl and automating VM management tasks, providing real operational benefits, control and oversight.
V-Commander can display the genealogy of any VM in real time, making it simple to patch, configure, manage and rollback all related VMs. V-Commander also uses a range of VM markers and policies to control VM deployment and automate or simplify many control tasks that today consume valuable staff time.
Intuitive and easy-to-use, V-Commander is built specifically for the virtualized data center and offers the following unique features:
- Manages online and offline images
- Automatic genealogy tracking allows for coordinated “family” actions (configuration, patching, retirement, etc.)
- Integral policy engine automates important control policies including separation of duties, deployment control and VI partitioning
- Built in secure repository provides a definitive VM library, facilitating standardization and easy deployment
- Provides VM operational oversight, control and audit, complete with drill-down capability
…Starting at USD $25,000, Embotics V-Commander is generally available in Q4 2007.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Radar and Virtualization Industry Roadmap have been updated accordingly.