Parallels continues to release updates to its virtualization solution for Apple Mac OS at a frenetic pace.
It’s evident they aim to release this new version for upcoming MacWorld in San Francisco, planned for 8th January.
The new build (3036) introduces:
- a display rendering feature called Coherence, mimicking seamless application approach introduced by Citrix in remote desktop, able to show Windows applications inside a virtual machine as part of the underlying Mac OS desktop
(check a nice screencast here)
- a P2V/V2V migration tool called Transporter, able to migrate physical PCs and VMware/Microsoft virtual machines
- drag & drop between Windows guest OSes and Mac host OS
- capability to virtualize a Windows partition made with Apple BootCamp
- a new user interface with a virtual machines catalogue
Download the new beta here.
Meanwhile Apple continues to deny they are working on native virtualization capabilities for new Mac OS release, codename Leopard.