Log Insight is a log aggregation, management and analisys tool, that VMware first introduced in 2013 and now is fiercely competing against Splunk.
Today the company announced Log Insight 3.3 that will be released shortly.
Among the new capabilities you can find:
- Multiple VIPs with Tags that now allow to tag incoming traffic
- Webhooks sent by both system and user alerts
- Enhanced vSphere Integration which mainly covers new tagging capabilities for vCenter Servers and ESXi hosts
- Additional OVF properties which includes DNS searchpath and DNS domain
- New Parsers that includes LTSV (Labeled Tab-Separated Values), Regex and Syslog
- IPv6 Support
- copytruncate Support from logrotate
- Windows 10 Support
- A set of new APIs including Authentication API, Query API and a new Importer Utility
Log Insight 3.3 will also include in TP an Agent Configuration Builder, pure IPv6 support for the Virtual Appliance and a new set of Configuration APIs.