The Xen Project, the community which develops the Xen hypervisor under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2) announced the availability of a new maintenance release, version 4.5.1 of the Xen Hypervisor. This new release contains bug fixes and improvements.
The following new capabilities and features are available in version 4.5.1:
- Removal of race conditions in the Xen default toolstack that affected libvirt, in particular when used with OpenStack (this release contains all changes that we use in the Xen Project OpenStack CI loop; also see related OpenStack news);
- Stability improvements to CPUPOOL handling, in particular when used with different schedulers;
- Stability improvements to EFI support on some x86 platforms;
- Stability improvement to handling of nested virtualisation on x86;
- Various improvements to 32 and 64 bit ARM support;
- Various improvements to better integrate and support rump kernels;
- Error handling improvements;
- Security fixes since the release of Xen 4.5.0,
More details can be found in the following blog post.