Parallels announced the availability of Parallels Mac Management 4.0 for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), extending its range of capabilities to Mac computers.
This new release increases the flexibility to manage and maintain protected every Mac creating lightweight OS X images customizables via Microsoft SCCM, furthermore Parallels Mac Management gives IT administrators the possibility to bring together hardware and software inventory of all Mac machines on the network and will be available for purchase on July 24.
The highlights of this new version of Parallels Mac Management 4.0 for Microsoft SCCM can be resumed as follows:
- Scan the corporate network automatically to discover Mac computers, then auto-enroll them in Microsoft SCCM
- Gather hardware and software inventory of all Mac machines on the network
- Leverage native Microsoft SCCM reports to view information about Mac computers
- Enforce compliance via extended Microsoft SCCM configuration items: OS X configuration profiles and shell scripts
Software and Patch Deployment
- Central management and installation of software packages and patches
- Support for deployment of a wide range of software packages: .dmg, .pkg, .iso, .app, scripts and stand-alone files
- Support for silent deployment and deployment with user interaction
Mac OS X Image Deployment via Microsoft SCCM
- Seamless integration of Mac OS X image deployment into Microsoft SCCM workflow
- Deployment of preconfigured, company-standard OS X installation on new Mac computers
Jack Zubarev, Parallels president, said:
Parallels Mac Management 4.0 extends Microsoft SCCM with Mac management that is now on par with Microsoft SCCM management of PCs and Windows®, this is a must-have plug-in for any business that has Microsoft SCCM and Macs because it enables them to manage Macs using the same systems, processes and skills that they already have.