During its annual Synergy conference last week, Citrix announced the availability of Service Pack 1 for version 6.5 of its virtualization platform XenServer. Version 6.5 of XenServer was released in January this year, as covered by virtualization.info at that time.
Service Pack 1 provides the following new functionality:
- Support for up to 1000 VMs per host
- Intel GVT-d GPU pass-through for Windows machines
- nVIDIA GPU pass-through for Linux machines
- Docker container support: run containers in VMs and use XenCenter for lifecycle management operations
- New guest OS support & updates: Windows 10 template enablement (official support to come once Microsoft officially releases the OS), plus CoreOS
- Per-VM visibility of in-memory read-cache usage in XenCenter