VMware Mirage is also part of the Horizon FLEX offering, VMware’s end user computing suite that complements View, the company’s VDI product.
Version 5.2 provides the following new features (as described in the release notes):
- Support for upgrading WEPOS devices to POSReady 2009.
- Administrators can specify drives, including non-system drives, for the branch reflector cache.
- Use of persistent VSS on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 machines, which enables Mirage to perform more efficient upload operations.
- Use of Mirage PowerCLI cmdlets in Microsoft PowerShell.
- Increased functionality for Web reports
- Ability to manually change the IP address for the Mirage Gateway server using the Mirage Management console.