Zerto, provider of Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) has announced that its product will also support the Hyper-V virtualization platform from Microsoft. Virtual Replication does per VM replication and recovery orchestration and is targeted at enterprises and service providers.
The addition of Microsoft Hyper-V to the list of hypervisors supported by Zerto Virtual Replication is the first step in the realization of a Cloud Fabric unveiled by Zerto earlier this year. Zerto Cloud Fabric enables enterprises to utilize any type of workload on any hypervisor or any cloud, regardless of underlying infrastructure
Zerto Virtual Replication offers an RPO (Recovery Point Objective) of seconds and consistent point in time recovery for multiple-VM, production applications. Some additional features of Zerto Virtual Replication for Microsoft Hyper-V include:
• Storage agnostic replication – any storage can be used at the source and target site
• Hypervisor agnostic replication – Hyper-V to Hyper-V, vSphere to Hyper-V and Hyper-V to vSphere
• No snapshots – Zerto Virtual Replication uses continuous data protection to minimize impact on the production environment
• Automated orchestration of disaster recovery processes for application consistency
• Simple management interface for KPIs and reporting