Based on the recent releases of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6, Citrix has updated its design guidance called the "Citrix Virtual Desktop Handbook 7.x". The handbook which contains 202 pages provides methodology, experience and best practices used by Citrix Consulting during thousands of virtualization projects.
The methodology uses 5 phases:
1. Define, by building the business case for desktop virtualization
2. Assess, by rating key business drivers and reviewing the current environment
3. Design, adressing environment scalability, redundancy and high availability
4. Deploy, installing and configuring and testing the Flexcast infrastructure
5. Monitor, by defining the architectural and operational processes to maintain the production environment