As announced in august, Citrix has now made available version 7.6 of its Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) product XenDesktop and desktop and virtualization product XenApp.
Version 7.6 contains the following new features (among others):
- Session prelaunch and session linger, capable of starting sessions before they are requested (session prelaunch) and keeping application sessions active after a user closes all applications (session linger).
- Support for unauthenticated (anonymous) users
- Connection leasing, enabling users to connect and reconnect to their most recently used applications and desktops, even when the Site database is not available.
- Application folders
- XenApp 6.5 migration
- Enhanced connection throttling settings
- Enhanced reporting in Studio
- Support for Receiver for Chrome 1.4 and Receiver for HTML5 1.4
- Support for HDX Real-Time Optimization Pack 1.5 for Microsoft Lync
Also additional products related to XenApp and XenDesktop are available in new versions: Director, AppDNA (version 7.6), Citrix StoreFront (version 2.6), Citrix Connector for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (version 7.5)