Teradici is the developer of the PC-over-IP (PCoIP) remote desktop protocol, which is leveraged in several VDI solutions and provided with Teradici hardware solutions which are OEM’ed by several vendors. Teradici announced, at SIGGRAPH, the release of Teradici PCoIP Workstation Access Software, in a collaboration with Dell which propose a new software for Dell Precision workstations which allows instant access to remote computing.
Teradici PCoIP remote desktop protocol solution was used only by complex VDI solutions, such as VMware Horizon View, therefore it was needed a dedicated hardware able to support it or a probably-too-complex software bundle. This new Teradici solution introduce PCoIP as standalone software that can be installed separately, the price is $199 USD, plus $40 USD for a one-year mandatory support and maintenance contract.
Teradici PCoIP Workstation Access Software offers PCoIP remote visualization technology, enabling user data and computing applications to being transmitted as pixel-only images which allows to protect corporate intellectual property and possible sensitive internal data, and at the same time permits end users to access their workstations remotely over LAN or WAN connections.
Teradici PCoIP Workstation Access Software release 1.0 provides the following features:
- High quality images: The leading Teradici PCoIP protocol compresses and encrypts pixels to enable outstanding remote workstation performance.
- Remote access from anywhere: Highly flexible solution supports BYOD, allowing for remote access from anywhere around the world.
- Ultra-secure access: PCoIP technology only transmits pixels, not data, providing assurance to IT that corporate IP will be protected against loss or theft.
- Direct connect: Easy to deploy and doesn’t require set up of a third party broker to get started.
- Local collaboration: Local workstation user can share their screen with one remote user leveraging the same Windows OS account.
- Application independent: PCoIP technology sends pixels, regardless of the applications being used and types of content being generated.
- Broad client support: The software connects seamlessly with Teradici PCoIP Software Clients (Windows OS and Mac OS) as well as PCoIP Zero Clients (Dell Wyse P25, Dell Wyse P45), with support for additional end points planned for future releases.
- High performance 3D:Utilizing NVIDIA GRID enableseven the most demanding 3D applications to be operated remotely with an experience that feels like you’re working from your local workstation.
Dan Cordingley, president and CEO of Teradici, said:
This introduction marks a significant milestone for our partnership with Dell, together, we’ve collaborated to bring feature-rich, high-fidelity computing resources on remote workstations and virtual desktops to hundreds of thousands of end users in a variety of markets over the past several years. Building on our successful track record, Teradici is delighted to join Dell in delivering PCoIP Workstation Access Software for existing and new Dell Precision hardware to a growing base of customers.