Today Parallels announced the availability of version 10 of its desktop virtualization platform for Mac: Parallels Desktop.
The new release obviously includes the support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite, better performances and battery life improvements when running on a laptop.
Parallels Desktop 10, also released in its Enterprise edition, will tighten the integration between Yosemite and the Windows applications running in the VMs, supporting iCloud Drive, iMessages and SMS text sharing directly from Windows OSes, the control of virtual machines from Spotlight preview and Finder QuickLook.
The highlights of this new version can be resumed as follows:
- Open Windows documents 48% faster
- Up to 30% longer battery life
- A new Disk Space Wizard created to semplify the reclaim of disk space
- Virtual machines use up to 10 percent less Mac memory
- Real-time optimization that automatically compacts virtual disk eliminating the need for periodic manual compacts
- The ability to create linked clones of virtual machine
- Ready for OS X Yosemite
Parallels Desktop 10 is available starting from today Aug. 20 for existing Parallels customers, new customers can pre-order a copy and full version will be available starting August 26.