VMware has released a paper titled:"VMware Virtual SAN Design and Sizing Guide for Horizon View Virtual Desktop Infrastructures". The paper which contains 16 pages focuses on the definitions, sizing guidelines, and characteristics of the Virtual SAN distributed datastore for Horizon View virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI).
The paper contains the following sections:
- VMware Virtual SAN
- Horizon View
- Virtual SAN Characteristics
- Host Sizing Considerations
- Virtual SAN Datastore Sizing Considerations
- Network Sizing Considerations
- Disk Group Sizing
- Horizon View and Virtual SAN Node Design Example
Thanks to Eric Sloof for providing the news.