On July 23, Citrix announced its financial results for second quarter of fiscal year 2014, ended June 30, 2014.
Citrix announced a total revenue of $782 million, for an increase of 7% compared to Q2 2013
Net income registered a slight decrease with $53 million compared to $64 million of Q2 2013 while Non-GAAP results raised from $124 million for Q2 2013 to $142 million for Q2 2014.
An abstract of the outcome of second quarter of 2014, compared to Q2 2013:
- Product and license revenue increased 2%;
- Software as a service revenue increased 12%;
- Revenue from license updates and maintenance increased 7%;
- Professional services revenue, increased 15%;
- Revenue increased in the EMEA and Pacific regions by 8%; and increased in the Americas region by 4%;
- Deferred revenue $1.4 billion as of June 30, 2014, compared to $1.3 billion as of June 30, 2013, an increase of 12 %;
- Cash flow from operations was $204 million for the second quarter of fiscal year 2014, compared with $209 million for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013.
During the second quarter of fiscal year 2014:
- GAAP gross margin was 78%, and non-GAAP gross margin was 85%,
- GAAP operating margin was 7%, and non-GAAP operating margin was 22%,
- The company repurchased 20.9 million shares at an average price of $58.50.
I’m pleased with our performance and results for Q2, I’m really proud of how our team delivered greater operating efficiencies while driving our very significant pivot to mobility. As we move into the second half, we’ll continue to refine operations to further increase shareholder value and to stay aggressive with valuable solutions for our customers’ mobility needs. And, on a personal level, I’m excited to be back, energized, and looking forward to the future here at Citrix.