5nine has released version 5.0 of its Microsoft hypervisor management solution 5nine Manager. 5nine Manager is capable of managing multiple versions of Microsoft Hyper-V hosts, and also provdes an agentless antivirus plugin for full and incremental VM and host scans. Besides that it provides features like Hyper-V logs, Application logs, an integrated Best Practices Analyzer, the ability to copy Hyper-V settings between hosts and a File Manager.
Version 5.0 provides the following new features:
- Automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning
- Enhanced cluster management
- VMs Guest connection views through FreeRDP or Microsoft controls
- Replication to enable failover of production workloads to a secondary site for disaster recovery
- Group operations for multiple VMs
- Applications Logs
5nine Manager for Hyper-V is provided in three editions (comparison): 5nine Manager Free Edition, 5nine Manager and 5nine Manager with AntiVirus.