On April 15 Splunk announced the availability of Splunk App for VMware 3.1, the system that is competing with VMware Log Insight solution to provide administrators with a real-time insights of the virtualized environment, analyzing and identifying performance and capacity bottlenecks.
This new release include, in addition to some bug fixes, 200 out-of-the-box reports and the following features:
- Operational Performance Insights: Visualize the operational health of the VMware environment with more than 200 out-of-the-box, customizable reports; identify underperforming/distressed hosts, virtual machines (VMs) and data stores in real time.
- Advanced Mapping Visualizations: Access interactive, visual maps of your virtual environment, highlighting problems and statistical comparisons based on predefined, customizable thresholds. Immediately identify outliers that fall outside the normal distribution on a statistical map of your VMware environment.
- NetApp and Storage Correlations: Accelerate troubleshooting, optimize capacity and streamline workloads with out-of-the-box correlation between VMware virtualization layer and storage systems, including direct drill down into data from NetApp Data ONTAP storage for in-depth investigation.
- End-to-End Visibility: Correlate data from virtual infrastructure with data from applications, operating systems, hardware and networks to gain operational intelligence across all technology tiers.
- Advanced Analytics: Forecast future resource CPU, memory and disk requirements on VMware VCenter, ESXi hosts and VMs using various predictive algorithms; gain visibility into potential security breaches and non-compliant usage patterns; explore unique errors and exceptions; track changes with visibility into vCenter tasks.