In december 2010, Alessandro Perilli founder of both virtualization.info and cloudcomputing.info announced his transfer to research firm Gartner, becoming research director covering cloud computing, virtualization and datacenter technologies in the IT Professionals research team.
At the end of 2013, Alessandro caused some commotion in the OpenStack community by publishing several articles on his blog criticizing OpenStack (What I saw at the OpenStack Summit and Why vendors can’t sell OpenStack to enterprises). Alessandro’s critical comments haven’t been unnoticed by the OpenStack community, causing Red Hat to offer Alessandro the position of running its OpenStack based hybrid cloud program, as reported by Barb Darrow on the GigaOM website. At Red Hat Alessandro will be in a postition to work on his own criticized points and actually change OpenStack for the better.
We wish Alessandro the best with this new assignment at Red Hat.
At Gartner Alessandro has published several articles for Gartner customers:
- VMware vCloud Suite 5.5: In-Depth Assessment (http://www.gartner.com/document/2661324)
- Climbing the Cloud Orchestration Curve (https://www.gartner.com/doc/2648721)
- 2014 Planning Guide for Private Cloud, Data Center Modernization and Desktop Transformation (http://www.gartner.com/document/2601618)
- VMware vCloud Suite 5.1: In-Depth Assessment (http://www.gartner.com/document/2605920)
- Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1: In-Depth Assessment for Cloud Management (http://www.gartner.com/resId=2349015)
- 2013 Planning Guide: Data Center, Infrastructure, Operations, Private Cloud and Desktop Transformation (http://www.gartner.com/resId=2221327)
- Market Profile: Cloud Management Platforms, 2013 (http://www.gartner.com/resId=2260815)
- Evaluation Criteria for Cloud Management Platforms (http://www.gartner.com/resId=2087415)
- Field Research Actions to Take: Devising a Cloud Application Onboarding Strategy (http://www.gartner.com/resId=1907915)
- 2012 Planning Guide Executive Summary: Data Center, Infrastructure, Operations, and Internal Cloud (http://www.gartner.com/resId=1864314)
- Infrastructure as a Service (http://www.gartner.com/resId=1860918)
- Self-Service Provisioning for Internal Clouds: Buy or Build? (http://www.gartner.com/resId=1784521)
- The Big Mind Shift: Capacity Management for Virtual and Cloud Infrastructures (http://www.gartner.com/resId=1721514)