The Xen Project, the community which develops the Xen hypervisor under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2), transferred from Citrix to the Linux Foundation, today announced the availability version 4.4.0 of the Xen Hypervisor.
Version 4.4 contains 1193 change sets, and from now on the Xen Project will try to work with a release cycle of 6 months.
Version 4.4. provides the following new features and improvements as detailed in the change log:
- Improved Flexibility in Driver Domains
- Event Channel Scalability Improvements
- Experimental Support for PVH Mode for Guests
- Intel Nested Virtualization declared "Tech Preview"
- Improved Support for SPICE
- GRUB 2 Support of Xen Project PV Images (External)
- Indirect Descriptors for Block PV Protocol (Linux)
- Improved kexec Support
- Improved XAPI and Mirage OS support in Xen Project environment
- Experimental Support for Guest EFI boot
- Improved Integration between GlusterFS and Xen Project
- Improved ARM support for Xen Project Hypervisor
- Updated Components