Catbird has released version 6.0 of Catbird, a rebranded name for which was known as the vSecurity products. In the past, Catbird released the products for several hypervisors, like ESXi and Hyper-V individually, but has now decided to rebrand this under one product.
Catbird is a well-known security player in the virtualization market with its product able to proactively secure the virtual network and guest operating systems by analyzing and responding to network events and attack, and enforcing correct VM configuration automatically mapping to industry-standard compliance frameworks such PCI, HIPAA, FISMA and COBIT.
Version 6 provides the following new capabilities:
- Support for VMware NSX and Cisco ACI
- Support for Cisco Virtual Secure Gateway and VMware vCloud Networking and Security
- New API’s which can integrate into existing managment systems. The API includes ACL and alert operations, asset searching and enumeration, compliance state retrieval, event operations and TrustZones management and configurations
- New security roles, including auditor, operator, firewall operator and compliance officer
- SCAP configuration checking
- Extensive configuration checks for FISMA, FedRAMP, ISO27001 and PCI DDS 3.0