Dell has released a paper titled: "Reference Architecture for Dell Wyse Datacenter for Microsoft VDI and vWorkspace". The paper which contains 83 pages describes a Dell Wyse Datacenter for Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and vWorkspace scaling from 10 to 50,000 desktop virtualization users. It adresses the architecture design, configuration and implementation considerations for the key components of the architecture required to deliver virtual desktops via Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS or Dell vWorkspace 8.0 MR1 on Microsoft Hyper-V.
For testing the performance of the solution Login VSI was used.
The paper contains the following sections:
- Solution Architecture Overview
- Hardware Components
- Software Components
- Solution Architecture for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services and Dell vWorkspace
- Customer Provided Stack Components
- User Profile and Workload Characterization
- Solution Performance and Testing