Veeam has released an update for version 7 of its Backup & Replication product for VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V which was released in August this year. The product is therefore the first backup product to support both vSphere 5.5. and Hyper-V 2012 R2.
The update, which Veeam versions as R2 provides the following new features:
- Support for VMware vSphere 5.5
- Support for vCloud Director 5.5
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V, Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 including support for Generation 2 VMs
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest VMs
- Support for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Support for installing the Backup & Replication product components on top of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1