Each year at VMworld VMware announces new or updated products. This year we saw at VMworld US the announcement of many new releases like vSphere 5.5 and the public beta of Virtual SAN.
VMware saves some of the new announcements for VMworld Europe. The European edition of one of worlds largest IT-events is to be held in Barcelona, Spain October 15-17.
While VMware is always very secret about new releases (even about the version number) the content of breakout sessions give a clue.
This blogposting published by VMware gives some clues on new announcements. Many sessions on vCenter Operations.
- Oct 15 Tue 11am, VCM5539 – The Missing Link: Storage Visibility In Virtualized Environments
- Oct 16 Wed 2pm, VCM4992 – Tips and Tricks for Capacity Risk Assessment, Rightsizing and Planning
- Oct 16 Wed 2pm, VCM5811 – How to Manage vSphere and Hybrid Cloud with vCenter Operations Management
- Oct 16 Wed 3pm, VCM5008 – vCenter Operations and the Quest for the Missing Metrics
- Oct 16 Wed 3:30pm, VCM5100 – How to Customize Your vCenter Operations Management Deployment for Your Specific Business Needs
- Oct 16 Wed 5pm, VCM5009 – Practical Real World Reporting with vCenter Operations
- Oct 17 Thu 9am, VCM4952 – Practicing What We Preach: VMware IT on vCenter Operations Management Suite and vCloud Automation Center
- Oct 17 Thu 12pm & 3pm, VCM5169 – How to troubleshoot VM performance issues across applications, infrastructure and storage using vCenter Operations Management(Live Demonstration!)
- Oct 17 Thu 1:30pm, VCM4981 – How to Identify if Your vSphere Environment is Configured to Meet Your Internal IT Standards
- Oct 17 Thu 1:30pm, VCM5781 – What’s New and What’s Next in vCenter Operations: A Tech Preview