Microsoft has published a paper titled: “App-V 5.0 and Citrix Integration“. The paper which contains 28 pages provides guidance for combining App-V 5.0 and Citrix solutions. It discusses the benefits of App-V 5.0 and Citrix, recommendations for Citrix images, App-V cache management, App-V management with Citrix, factors that impact user experience and administrative effort, and the Citrix XenApp Connector for Configuration Manger 2012 SP1.
The paper contains the following sections:
- Overview of Citrix and App-V
- App-V 5 and Citrix together
- Building images with App-V
- App-V Cache Management
- Managing App-V applications in Citrix Images
- Factors that impact User experience and administrative effort
- Citrix XenApp Connector for Configuration Manager 2012 SP1
Citrix and App-V represent a fully integrated solution across RDS and VDI-based solutions. This document has presented the benefits of building solutions with a combination of App-V and Citrix. The goal was to provide information to enable an administrator to make decisions about the App-V configuration in Citrix based images, minimize the storage impacts, and improve the user experience without negatively affecting the administrative effort.