Microsoft has released a paper titled:"Desktop Hosting Reference Architecture Guide". The paper which contains 19 pages defines a set of architectural blocks for creating a multitenant, hosted Windows desktop and application service. The primary goal is to enable hosting providers to create secure, scalable, and reliable desktop hosting solution offers for small- and medium-sized organizations with up to 1500 users.
The paper covers the following sections:
- Desktop Hosting Service Logical Architecture
- Service Layer, covering the tenant and provider management and perimeter environments
- Virtualization Layer, covering Hyper-V, SCVVM and the Scale-Out File Server
- Physical Layer, covering Servers and Network
- Tenant On-Premises Components, covering Clients and Active Directory Domain Services
Thanks to Michel Roth for providing the news.