Dell today announced the release of version 6.5.2 of Foglight for Virtualization, free edition. Foglight for Virtualization was known as vOPS Server Explorer, for which virtualization.info covered the release of version 6.3 in January this year.
Version 6.5.2. now includes a new tool called Snapshot Explorer, which detects all snapshots, including orphaned ones to avoid problems with performance and capacity. The product now also includes support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) 3.1, VMware vSphere 5.1 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2012.
Besides Snapshot Explorer the suite includes:
- Environment Explorer, providing information about performance, efficiency and capacity
- Change Explorer, providing lists of all changes occurring in a virtual environment
- Storage Explorer, which assesses storage performance and capacity across datastores and VMs
- vScope Explorer which offers identification of VMs, hosts and datastores which suffer performance, capacity and efficiency issues
- SearchMyVM Explorer which offers Google like search capabilities
Besides the renaming of vOPS Server Explorer into Foglight for Virtualization, Free edition, VOPS Server Standard is now rebranded as Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition (currently at level 6.5.2), vFoglight is now Foglight for Virtualization Enterprise Edition (currently at version 6.8), vFoglight Storage is now Foglight for Storage Management and vOptimizer Pro remains unchanged.
Update: Dell has let virtualization.info know that in a next release it will converge the version numbers.