Version 8 of vWorkspace supports Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, and Dell claims that by using the new RemoteFX/RDP8 capabilities of this platform it can reduce bandwidth consumption with 80%. Windows 8 is supported as a VDI platform and vWorkspace Connector platform.
Version 8.0 provides the following new functionality:
- Full Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8
- Enhanced Hyper-V Catalyst Components
- Automatic optimization of HyperCache configuration
- HyperDeploy providing optimization of storage of virtual desktops which are either persistent or non-persistent
- Improved support for Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) by both HyperCache and HyperDeploy
- Monitoring of User Experience of live sessions and past user sessions
- Integration of Foglight for Virtual Desktops into the vWorkspace Management Console
- Reporting Improvements, farm utilization, Managed Applications usage, process utilization, and more
- Multi-Tenancy Support
- Anonymous User Support
- Integration of Quest Password Manager
- EOP Flash Acceleration Improvements
More added functionality can be found in the what’s new documentation.