Ruben Spruijt, CTO at PQR and one of the two founders of the Virtual Reality Check (VRC) project has announced the release of version 2 of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) smackdown. VDI Smackdown – solutions overview and feature comparison matrix version 2.0 contains 92 pages and compares the VDI solutions from the following vendors: Citrix, Microsoft, RedHat, Dell/Quest/Wyse, Virtual Bridges, VMware, Ericom, HP, Oracle, Teradici, Double Take, Cisco, Unidesk, Juniper, Cameyo, Spoon, Symantec, IBM, LANDesk, Novell, RES and Framehawk.
The paper has the following goals:
- Provide an application and desktop delivery solutions overview
- Explain the different desktop virtualization concepts
- Explain the pros and cons of desktop virtualization
- Highlight why application virtualization and VDI are a perfect fit
- Describe the different desktop virtualization vendors and solutions
- Compare the features of the various desktop virtualization solutions
Which Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution is THE best?
It’s impossible to give an accurate answer to the question without a better understanding of the
In essence it depends on various areas as mentioned in paragraph 4.5, ‘VDI Strategy’.
It’s important to have a Vision and Strategy around Application and Desktop Delivery.
Designing, building, managing and maintaining the Optimized Desktop infrastructure using the
Right Technologies, corresponding vendors and products is an important step.
Success = Vision x Execution x Adoption. “This whitepaper is a useful resource in this journey!”