Dell has released a paper titled: "DVS Enterprise – Active System 800v with VMware Horizon View 5.2: Reference Architecture".
The paper which contains 60 pages details a reference architecture for running VMware Horizon 5.2 desktop virtualization on top of Dell converged infrastructure solution, the Active System 800v.
The Active System 800v includes Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade chassis with Dell PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator, Dell PowerEdge M620 blades, Dell EqualLogic Storage and Dell Force10 network switches.
Unfortunately Dell decided not to use the LoginVSI benchmarking suite, allowing the solution to be compared to other similar solutions.
The paper contains the following sections:
- Design Principles
- Reference Architecture
- Dell Blade Network Architecture
- Converged Network Architecture
- Storage Architecture
- Management Infrastructure
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 Infrastructure
- Dell Wyse Cloud Clients
- End-User Workload Characterization
- Delivery Model
- Dell Mobile Clinical Computing – AlwaysOn Point of Care
- Dell DVS Enterprise – Mobile Secure Desktop