Last week, Ruben Spruijt announced version 4 of the Application Virtualization Smackdown paper. The paper which contains 61 pages provides unbiased information about application virtualization solutions and is written by Ruben Spruijt, Jurjen van Leeuwen, Rob Beekmans, Sven Huisman, Rory Monaghan and Peter Sterk. For each solution an overview of the available features is created and compared to other solutions in order to provide a comparison.
The goals of the whitepaper are to:
- Provide an application and desktop delivery solutions overview
- Explain the pros and cons of Application Virtualization
- Highlight why Application virtualization and VDI are a perfect fit
- Describe the different application virtualization vendors and solutions
- Compare the features of the various application virtualization solutions
The following vendors and their solutions are covered:
Cameyo, Citrix, Evalaze, InstallFree, Numecent, Novell, Microsoft, Roozz, Spoon, Symantec and VMWare solutions are described in the whitepaper. The detailed features of Cameyo, Citrix, Numecent, Microsoft (both App-V v4 and v5), Spoon, Symantec and VMWare are available in the feature compare matrix.